Learn the principles of child growth and development necessary for working in programs that serve children from infancy through age eight. Social, emotional, physical, and intellectual development of young children and the implications of these areas of growth and development on group care are emphasized.
45 Hours as 15 Sessions
HOURS AND SESSIONS
15 Sessions of 3 hours. Total course duration is 45 hours.
ECH-205 Child Growth and Development
COURSE NAME & CODE
ECH-205 Child Growth and Development
Secondary Level with English
Secondary level with English proficiency recommended.
When students have completed this course, should be able to:
- Discuss and compare the major ideas of several relevant theories of child development and their implications for teaching young children.
- Identify the ways teachers and caregivers can use these theories to support children’s development and learning.
- Identify and describe four domains of learning to plan and promote growth and development of the whole child.
- Identify the milestones of physical growth, motor coordination, cognition, language, and socio-emotional development of children from infancy through age eight.
- Identify and effectively use the descriptive observation as a method to assess and study young children.
- Observe and evaluate a child’s developmental characteristics in a real classroom setting.
Certificate of Completion
This certificate of completion will be co-branded with Montgomery College, Maryland, USA and Desert Side Training Institute (Approved by Knowledge and Human Development Authority, Dubai).
MSDE Office of Child Care Licensing
This class provides 45 of the 90 classroom hours needed to become a teacher in programs licensed by the MSDE Office of Child Care Credentialing. (4.5 CEUs). Rest of the 45 hours will be added up from the course ECH 207.
What is MSDE Office of Child Care Licensing
The Office of Child Care’s Licensing Branch inspects and licenses all child care centers and family child care providers in the Maryland state of USA and oversees Maryland’s subsidized child care program, the state’s Child Care Credentialing System, and Maryland EXCELS – the state’s quality rating and improvement system. The OCC maintains Regional Licensing Offices around Maryland, which are responsible for all child care licensing activities in their geographical areas. It is one of the notable Child care licensing in USA and around the globe.
Upon completion of this program a student will be able to:
- Describe theories and principles of child development and learning and apply the theories and principles to the classroom teaching.
- Use systematic observations, documentation, and other effective assessment strategies in observing and working with children.
- Apply developmentally appropriate teaching practices and guidance approaches to enhance children’s learning and development.
- Develop and implement curriculum plans to promote children’s learning in the areas of physical/motor, social, emotional, cognitive, and language development.
- Be reflective practitioners to reflect and use the most effective methods of guidance and teaching when working with children.
- Demonstrate written, verbal, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills, which will allow them to effectively make connections between prior knowledge/experience and new learning.
- Teach young children in an early childhood setting with the required disposition, knowledge, skills, and competencies.
Payment can be made at three installment and altogether at a time.
2000 AED, 1000 AED, 1000 AED
- First Installment at the time of registration.
- The second and third instalment are mentioned on the invoice along with the timeline at the time of registration.