- Understanding Roles, Responsibilities and Relationships in Education and Training
- Delivering Education and Training
- Using Resources for Education and Training
- Assessing Learners in Education and Training
- Managing Learning and Development in Groups
- Planning to Meet the Needs of Learners in Education and Training
- Equality and Diversity
- Assessing Occupational Competence in the Work Environment
- Assess Vocational Skills, Knowledge and Understanding
- Internally Assure the Internal Quality of Assessment
- Understanding the Principles and Practices of the internal Quality Assurance of Assessment
- Enable Learners to apply analytical and evaluative education and teaching principles in private and public places of learning;
- Enhance analytical, practical and evaluative skills relating to teaching and education across all sectors;
- Develop the Learner’s ability to recognise and reflect on the process of personal learning and
development which facilitates the enhancement of key personal, sociable and other transferable skills;
- Encourage the Learner’s self-reflection, analytical, intellectual and transferable skills;
- Identify understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training;
- Understand how to plan to meet the needs of learners in education and training;
- Deliver education and training;
- Understand how to assess learners in education and training;
- Understand how to use appropriate resources for education and training.
This qualification is designed for learners aged 19 and above. There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, Learners will need to be qualified, proficient or experienced in the subject which they intend to teach. Centres are responsible for ensuring that this qualification is appropriate for the age and ability of learners.
There is no requirement to have achieved the Level 3 Award in Education and Training to be accepted on to this Level 4 qualification.
Applicants need to be qualified, proficient or experienced in the subject which they intend to teach. It would be expected that applicants have sufficient personal skills to complete the academic and other requirements of the programme. They will also need to be able to support their learners at the appropriate level whilst delivering their subject specialism. Applicants need to demonstrate the potential to study at minimum academic level 4 – the same level of study as the first year of a degree. All trainee teachers joining this qualification programme should undertake an initial assessment of skills in maths, English and ICT
There is a requirement to carry out an initial assessment of a trainee teacher’s personal skills in maths, English and ICT. Development needs should be recorded and, where applicable, an action plan agreed. If trainee teachers join the qualification programme having already undertaken an initial assessment of their maths, English and ICT skills, their record of development needs and any previous actions taken to address them should be reviewed and updated as required.