Sayyid Ibrahimul Kaleel Thangal is the founder and chairman, Ma’din Academy, Kerala, India. Established in 1997, Ma’din aims the apex at the forefront of learning, teaching, and research. It has now grown into a mass movement of smart learning with more than 40 educational and various other institutions with 25,000 students under its vast crown. He has traveled the world, lectured to thousands, and composed a number of works spanning education and contemporary issues. He was born on 22nd February 1964 in Kozhikkode district of Kerala State, India.
- Ramadan Guest of His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the president of UAE in 2019 and 2012. He delivered lectures across the country as part of the scholar’s program, in line with the late Sheikh Zayed’s will to host scholars in Ramadan, organized by the General Authority of Islamic Affairs and Endowments.
- He has been selected one among the 500 most influential Muslims of the world (Muslims 500), published jointly by the Royal Islamic Strategic Studies Centre in Amman, Jordan and Prince Al-Waleed Bin Talal Center for Muslim- Christian Understanding at Georgetown University in the United States, from 2012 -2019.
- As the founder of Jamia Ma’din, which provides educational facilities from primary to postgraduate level, he introduced new vision to the educational sector of South India. His Ma’din Academy signed MoUs with 13 international universities and academic centers to promote innovation in learning.
- He introduced training in new generation technologies like Artificial Intelligence, Automation, Blockchain etc at Jamia Ma’din and its affiliated institutions in India.
- Hosted Zayed Year Conference, India in collaboration with LuLu Group International on 27 December 2018 as part of the Vicennium, Ma’din Academy’s 20th-anniversary celebrations.
- As a member of Cambridge based The Islamic Manuscript Association, he leads research initiatives between various Universities and academic centers around the globe, from 2010 to present.
- He has been leading India’s largest Ramadan Peace Conference from 2000 onwards. The conference is held on the 26th day of Ramzan every year. The conference attracts hundreds of thousands of people from various parts of the globe. The main highlight of this conference is Pledge against Terrorism.
- Represented India at the 8th Global Forum of United Nations Alliance of Civilization held at UN headquarters on 19-21 November 2018.
- Signed MoU with United Nations Alliance of Civilization on 17 December 2018 for organizing programs to promote peace and harmony.
- Hosted International Peace circuit to promote ‘Plan of Action for Religious Leaders and Actors to Prevent and Counter Incitement to Violence’, a project of United Nations Office on Genocide Prevention and the Responsibility to Protect, on 29 December 2018.
- Led a delegation to the Vatican to attend the Interfaith meetings conducted by Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue in September 2014.
- Attended various educational and cultural programs in France, Germany, Spain, Belgium, and UK in September 2014.
- Organized the Interfaith Harmony and Tolerance seminar in collaboration with International Islamic University, Malaysia in connection with Interfaith Harmony Week an initiative of the United Nations.
- Chairman of Desert Side Training Institute, Knowledge Park which delivers training programs in collaboration with Montgomery Community College, Maryland, Washington.
- Managing Editor, The Journal Armonia, an international journal for pluralism and holistic education. The vision of Armonia is ‘to help bring together the best of all civilizations and religions in order to apply their common wisdom in promoting the harmonious pursuit of peace, prosperity, and freedom for all persons and communities through compassionate justice’.
- Advisor, International Interfaith Harmony Initiative, Malaysia.
- Patron of Ideal Association for Minority Educational Institutions (IAME). It is an academic organization for promoting education and awareness with 1350 educational centers in India and abroad. More than 500,000 students imbibing the lecture of education under this chain of institutions.
- Vice President of Islamic Educational Board of India, New Delhi. It runs educational institutions all over India and various Asian and African countries like UAE, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, Malaysia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Malawi, and Tanzania.
- Supreme Council Member of Islamic Scholar’s Organization, Kerala, India.
- Participated the 8th Global Forum of United Nations Alliance of Civilization held at UN headquarters on 19-21 November 2018.
- President of Encomium Dubai Conference and Award Ceremony held in Dubai in 2009.
- Lead the harmony delegation to the Alliance of Civilization office in UN headquarters, New York and BYU, Provo, the United States in April 2018.
- Lead the Indian delegation to the Vatican to attend the Interfaith meetings conducted by Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue in September 2014.
- Advisor, Interfaith Harmony Seminar and Award Ceremony conducted in Malaysia on 1st March 2012.
- Special Observer in Global Moderates Movement Conference, Kuala Lampur, Malaysia in January 2012.
- Nominated to Global Moderates Foundation, an umbrella body of the various organization promoting harmony and tolerance in February 2012.
- Attended different programs in Bukhara, Samarkand and Tashkent in Uzbekistan in connection with the Knowledge Hunt learning program 2011.
- Represented India in International Muslim Unity Conference, Kula Lumpur, Malaysia in December 2009.